REPAIR & MAINTENANCE
1. For all work executed, by own or external craftsmen, on the building, plants or technical installations he takes the responsibility.
2. For emerging problems of bigger issue he consults a specialist, discusses the problem with the Asst. Chief Engineer and records the taken decisions or procedures.
3. Implements all necessary work procedures for preventive maintenance, initiates respective scheduled procedures and monitors carrying out of work as well as recording the results within appropriate filing system.
4. Accordingly provides the sufficient and reasonable supply of spare parts on time.
5. Determines for repair work the priorities and takes care for the quick removing of all breakdowns. Does not accept work which is not executed in a competent manner. Passes invoices for payment only when the execution of the work is done as preliminarily agreed and to full satisfaction.
6. In case of disputes, involves the Asst. Chief Engineer for a decision.
7. He is responsible for the storing of spare parts. Registers all incoming and outgoing items.
8. Works out a concept of a yearly preventive maintenance program.
9. Establishes a monthly report of works carried out, machines maintained, special events, DYNA report, consumption of energy etc. to the Asst. Chief Engineer.
10. Controls and endorses all invoices for installations, tools spare parts and consumption of material Initiates, executes and/or monitors training of his staff for engineering matters.
11. Assists and co-ordinates together with the Asst. Chief Engineer proper Fire & Safety training for all staff of the hotel
GENERAL / MISCELLANEOUS
12. Ensures all staff is thoroughly familiar with the hotel’s emergency procedures and in a state of preparedness for any emergency which may occur.
13. Execution of regular technical/skills training. Is responsible for setting up and maintaining on-going training programs in the Engineering division in conjunction with the Personnel & Training Manager.
14. Initiates Fire Fighting Training in co-ordination with the Chief of Security and the local authorities (Fire Brigade) on a regular basis for all Hotel departments.
15. Maintains a monthly overview of vacation- and public holiday balance of all his/her staff and delivers a monthly consolidated summary to the Personnel Manager.
16. Is familiar with all related company documentation and especially with the relevant Operational Standards Manual for his/her field of responsibility.
17. Other duties as assigned.
18. Assist in Task Force Teams for new openings.
19. Carry out any other reasonable task as requested