1. Supervises the functions of all the Section employees, including reporting on duty, late arrival, overtime, off days and public holidays in order to ensure a maximum productivity during their duty.
2. Ensures personal grooming, hygiene and uniform wearing at all times.
3. Ensures a high level of cleanliness within the Section by making sure that it is kept in hygienic and organized manner, fit for food production.
4. Ensures that fridge, freezer. Cupboards and working tables are kept clean at all times.
5. Ensures that the Section equipment is used correctly, kept clean, and reports any defect promptly.
6. Initiates daily requisition based on the business, banquets and occupancy, bearing in mind unnecessary wastage, storage regulation and food cost.
7. Receives perishables and store items and controls their quality, and ensures they are stored according to the set standards.
8. Reports any missing items to the Executive Chef or his delegate as well as the outlet managers, and proposes an alternative if the item cannot be prepared within an acceptable time frame.
9. Co-ordinates with the Executive Sous Chef or his delegate on daily and weekly menus and functions, and determine the type and the quantity of food to prepare.
10. Ensures that recipe cards are kept in order and are made available at all times for easy references.
11. Ensures that training takes place regularly in the Section and ensures that the Section staff participates in any organized training.
12. Participates in Kitchen training and other hotel related training programs
13. Ensures that non-kitchen staffs are not allowed in the Section as well as any other Sections of the Kitchen.
14. Ensures that no food is given out without proper documentation or to unauthorized persons and reports immediately any irregularities to the Executive Chef or his delegate.
15. Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.