1. Assists in directing the work assignments of supervisory and non-supervisory personnel.
2. Monitors Housekeeping personnel to ensure that all rooms know repeat guests, and other VIP’s receive proper attention.
3. Works closely with the Laundry Department, the Engineering Department, and the Front Office and maintains open channels of communication.
4. Establish and maintains effective employee relations.
5. Assists the Executive Housekeeper Manager in personnel matters such as interviewing, evaluating, and counselling.
6. Assists in identifying training needs and developing and implementing training sessions.
7. Schedules routine inspections with supervisors of all Housekeeping areas.
8. Inspects guest and public areas on regular basis to ensure that all furnishings, facilities, and equipment are clean and in good repair.
9. Maintains appropriate standards for dress, hygiene, uniforms, appearance posture, and conduct of Housekeeping personnel.
10. Assists in the monitoring and control of departmental costs.
11. Assists in the preparation of the departmental budget.
12. Supervises outside contracts to ensure contractual compliance
13. Helps monitor and control Housekeeping tasks – such as lost and found, key control, and security emergency and environmental procedures – that help maintain the health and security of personnel and guests.Is prepared to implement assigned tasks during emergencies such as fires, power failures and bomb threats