1. Washes, scrubs and maintains kitchen and related walls and floors.
2. Operates dish washing machine to manufacture’s specifications and instructions.
a) Quality of products and service.
b) Guest satisfaction. ‘
c) Operation cost.
d) Sanitation, Cleanliness and hygiene.
3. Assists the chief steward in establishing and maintaining such systems and method of operation as are necessary to supply all outlets and production areas with clean, correct and timely mise –en- place; minimize cost through breakage, loss and excessive chemical usage and appropriate staff levels.
4. Establish and maintain effective employee relations.
5. Conducts under the guidance of the chief steward, such functions as employee orientation, coaching, performance appraisal to ensure appropriate staffing and productivity.
6. Assisting the chief steward in conducting on the job training sessions for stewarding department employees.
7. Assisting the chief steward in keeping up to date records which include but not limited to the following
d) Par stocks