1. Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analysing account information.
2. Controls all balance sheet accounts by preparation of monthly accounts reconciliation and actions accordingly.
3. Prepares monthly invoices and all journal vouchers for month-end closing.
4. Prepares monthly financial statements for distribution to Department Heads and Executives.
5. Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
6. Responsible for month-end ACOM computer closing.
7. Approves various city ledger transactions before posting into HIS.
8. Approves payment requests, TERs, employee advances, and petty cash prior to payment.
9. Recommends financial actions by analysing accounting options.
10. Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
11. Assists controller and Assistant Controller in budget preparation and input, forecast reports and monthly reporting to corporate office.
12. Supervises Accounts department in the absence of the Assistant Controller.
13. Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
14. Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
15. Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
16. Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analysing account information.
17. Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
18. Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.